Culture can have a huge impact on whether change will be successfully adopted. Changes to the culture itself may be required in order to successfully embed a change.
To help understand what constitutes the culture, it is sometimes helpful to consider the different elements shown here.
This tool can be used to understand the current culture of the University as well as the desired culture to help identify any gaps between the two.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to access the Cultural Web Analysis template.Download
Hints & Tips
- Work around all the outside factors analysing the current environment to build up a picture of the current culture.
- Repeat the process considering the future desired culture.
- Analyse the two pictures to identify where the gaps are.
- Create a plan for how to address them.
- This can be used on a sliding scale from analysing the culture of a single team or faculty to the entire university.
- A GAP analysis template would be helpful to be used with this, available to download from the website.