Understanding the future consists of understanding the Blueprint and the Target Operating Model.
A Blueprint is an envisioned future state of how things will work or operate in the future.
The tools below are based on concepts from ‘Managing Successful Programs’.
The POTI model is a way to frame thinking in terms of change to achieve the future state.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to access the POTI Model template.DOWNLOAD
Target Operating Model
The TOM model is a high level representation of the university showing the considerations of what may be needed to run the future state.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to access the TOM Model templateDOWNLOAD
Hints & Tips
- If the vision is clear, it enables effective communications with stakeholders
- It is important to look at future state with key stakeholders.
- Consider how things work now and what changes are needed in each of these elements.
- Consider how the changes needed impact on requirements.
- Ensure the thinking is undertaken before delivery activity starts.