Delivering results can be demanding and the ability to be resilient is a key competence for people involved in the activity.
There may be knock backs, barriers, demanding deadlines or other issues to contend with during an initiative.
This model shows four key components of resilience, to highlight the aspects to consider when faced with challenges.
Source: Robertson and Cooper (2012)
Hints & Tips
The following questions are useful as a check-list at the start of an initiative and will help prior to the commencement and throughout delivery:
- How will we maintain our confidence or restore it if it dips?
- Where will our social support come from?
- How will we ensure we try and remain adaptable?
- How can we maintain our focus during the life of the initiative?
- How can the team support each other through a change?