- A plan is required to provide a credible description of how you aim to meet the initiative objectives.
- It should consider activities and tasks, resources required, time to be spent, outputs to be delivered, milestones and dependencies.
- It can be used as a tool to set expectations as to when activity will happen.
- A plan helps to demonstrate when results or benefits will be delivered.
Hints & Tips
- Planning is an ongoing process that continues throughout the initiative.
- Involve the people who will be undertaking the activities for their input.
- Ensure those who are named on the plan understand their activities and can commit to delivering them.