- Resource management is the process of identifying, securing and then managing the people needed to complete the activity.
- When securing a resource to come and work on an activity, consider the impact on business as usual and capacity planning for the team.
- Consider how to ensure the right people are on the right activity by looking at other options such as backfilling or putting on hold less important activity.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to access the Resource Matrix templateDOWNLOAD
Hints & Tips
- The resource matrix is a tool that can be useful when identifying the skills/roles needed to deliver the activity and considering when this is required.
- It can be used to guide a conversation with a resource manager when trying to secure resources.
- A resource matrix can identify when resource conflicts are likely to occur.