- An important aspect of quality management is good requirements management i.e. gathering and assessing stakeholder wants and needs.
- The illustration below, originally created in the 1960’s, demonstrates the importance of understanding the customers’ or students’ requirements and clearly communicating to all stakeholders.
- Good requirements analysis leads you to better understand the customer or student needs, and helps you break them down into detailed, specific requirements that everyone agrees on.
- It’s usually quicker and cheaper to fix a misunderstanding at the analysis stage than when it is delivered.
- Requirements analysis helps us understand what aspect of a process needs to be tested.
Hints & Tips
- Ask the key stakeholders to provide their requirements.
- Hold a requirements workshop to ensure a clear understanding with all.
- Prioritise requirements and gain approval from stakeholders.
- For larger initiatives, consider utilising a Business Analyst to help with this activity.