Gap Analysis is an exercise that can be used to determine what steps need to be taken in order to move from its current state to its desired, future state.
Ideally this should be completed in the early stages of the change activity.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to access the Gap Analysis template
Hints & Tips
- Start by listing the objectives for the change activity or initative.
- Then analyse the current standing for each of those objectives i.e. the current state of affairs.
- Understand where things need to change or improve to meet the objective.
- Consider current measures (KPI’s) and the measure we want to achieve.
- This starts to build an action plan of activity for the programme of work.
- A GAP analysis can be used with other sources of input such as SWOT, Cultural Analysis, POTI and TOM to build a complete picture.