A plan is required to provide a credible description of how you aim to meet the initiative objectives. It should consider activities and tasks, resources required, time to be spent, outputs to be delivered, milestones and dependencies.
It can be used as a tool to set expectations as to when activity will happen.
A plan helps to demonstrate when results or benefits will be delivered.
Hints & Tips
- Planning is an ongoing process that continues throughout the initiative.
- Involve the people who will be undertaking the activities for their input.
- Ensure those who are named on the plan understand their activities and can commit to delivering them.
- Depending on the initiative type, user preference and audience, the template is available in either PowerPoint or Visio.
- For initiatives that are significantly complex, large scale or information on dependencies / resource management needs to be included, a Microsoft Project Plan may be more appropriate.